Tabs

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Day of Spring

It is the first day of Spring.  Spring reminds me of new beginnings.  Easter is at the end of the month.  Jesus died for us and is Risen again all to give us a new start, a new beginning with Him.  He sacrificed all so we could have new life with Him and live with Him for eternity.  What a great feeling!

I had a scare on Monday that I wasn't at all expecting.  I had my post op appointment with my surgeon after my appendectomy and hospital stay.  The words I never thought I would hear...malignancy, tumor, cancer, carcinoid.   Even though my appendix appeared to look normal, pathologists found a small tumor forming with carcinoid cells that was appendix cancer.  It was very small and caught in time.  600-1000 people are diagnosed with this a year and most are not lucky enough to be cured because there are NO symptoms.  Well, that is what they are saying.  My pain was unknown and they didn't know why I was hurting right were the appendix was because the tumor would not have caused that pain.  But my pain is gone so I believe the Lord caused that pain.  He wanted me to hurt so that I would have them look and keep looking until they found the source.  Thanks be to God for the pain, thanks for my husband who insisted I go to the doctor and ER, and for my wonderful children and parents who were with me while I was in the hospital.  I couldn't ask for a better family.

Now let's get to a lighter note!  IT'S OFFICIALLY SPRING TODAY!!  So I decided to redo the entryway and will be working on a great cross for my front door that I will post tomorrow.

Today's project was painting a rabbit and brightening up the front table.  I have to say I LOVE IT!  Thanks to my mother-in-law, Carol, who gave me these bunny dolls a few years ago and the flower pot arrangement.  I just love it!  I think I might add some colored wooden eggs distressed as well but need to take a trip to Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite places!

In PROCESS


First, the painting.  I started with red and them started the bunny.  I just played with it until I got what I wanted.  As I stated before in my other posts, I am trying to incorporate turquoise into my decor so this worked out perfectly!


Complete!

Now for the front table






I used a turquoise pillow case to help give a pop of color.  Will add some distressed wooden eggs and that will be my table for March and April.

Now for the front door, I am making a cute, burlap hanging.  I already have my cute hanging outside from last year...but wanted something more specific to Easter so I will be posting that tomorrow or Friday!  You don't want to miss it!  I will include step my step how to make one yourself!

Happy Spring!  Hope it's sunny where you are today!

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

No comments:

Post a Comment