Tabs

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Turnovers Recipe

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's been a little over a week since my last post. Been extremely busy as I'm sure all of you have as well.   I will be doing several posts today.  One will be this one! Then I am going to post a weight loss post.  And then my recipes for a month worth of freezing!    Now...First, the turnover recipe!   It is TOTALLY easy.  All you need is your favorite pie filling (I used cherry because we had that on hand), a can of jumbo biscuits  and powdered sugar.  Cinnamon is an option if you use Apple filling.







Cut each biscuit in half.  Put a small scoop of filling center of one half.  If you use apple you may add a sprinkle of cinnamon as well.  Top with the other half of the biscuit and seal edges with your fingers.  If it doesn't stick well, you can wet your finger with water and rub water around the rim of the bottom half and then place the top biscuit half on the other half.  Seal well.  Cut slits on the top with a sharp knife and bake according to the biscuit can's instructions.  Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or you can sprinkle with coarse sugar BEFORE baking.  Enjoy!




Now some of you know, I am on my new way of eating for the rest of my life.  That means no bread, rice, pasta, processed foods mostly...so this turnover recipe was a "no can do" for me.  So those of you that might be following me on my weight loss journry and loosing weight yourself, I served these to my family.  I made sure there was a couple of spoonfuls of the pie filling left over for me.  I warmed the filling in the microwave for me to have a treat after supper too.  You can add a scoop of fat free yogurt and some sliced almonds on top to make it a satisfying dessert for yourself as well.    Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment