Tabs

Monday, January 28, 2013

Baked Trout

Another great weekend has come and gone.  Today was a great day as well with temperatures in the  80s.  Got to love Texas and it's weather...cold, warm, wet, dry, windy, stormy...different from hour to hour, day to day.

Before I get to today's dinner menu, I thought I would post the wall I was working on and finished.


Turned out great and just how I imagined it....LOVE the turquoise table I had redone.  It was a desk that my husband had when he was young.  Let me know what you think!

Tonight, I decided to bake some fish.  We love fish in our family.  Today's menu...baked Trout, baked garlic red potatoes, and fresh asparagus.  It's very easy and simple meal, but very healthy for you and your family.

First, start with the trout.  Buy fresh or frozen; your choice.  I chose frozen individual packs that you buy at Sams Club.  Defrost the fish in cold water for 30 minutes.  Then take them out of the packets and place them on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Use your favorite seafood herbs combination and mix it with a half to a whole stick of melted butter.  Pour over fish and bake for 10-15 minutes on 375 degrees.  I added my fresh asparagus seasoned a little with salt and pepper.



again...use your favorite seasonings for fish/seafood


before 


after

To go with it, I made my kids' favorite potatoes.  Wash red potatoes, quartered them, and drizzled olive oil on them and season with Garlic Salt with Parsley and pepper.  I LOVE this seasoning....garlic salt.  It is so good on fresh veggies and meats.  


Because potatoes take longer to cook, put the potaotes in before the fish.  375 degrees for 20 minutes and then put fish in and cook the potatoes with the fish in the oven for the 10-15 minutes.  So the potatoes take 30-35 minutes or until tender and the part against the pan is brown and crispy.  That's the best part!


before 




I did bake some hush puppies to complete the meal!

It was delicious and you can do this recipe with salmon as well!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment