Tabs

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hallway and Fans Make Overs

Hope everyone had an awesome holiday weekend!  I sure did...spent time with  my family, got some painting done, and watched a few movies!  Last night, I made the spaghetti sauce and Italian meat that I froze.

The sauce is very flavorful and very easy to make...would be great with any pastas or over toast or over a salad, even in a taco shell.


Now let's get to the makeovers.  I recently was given some fans that my Opa had in one of his rent houses.  When he found a good deal on something, he would buy many of that one item. My dad on his last visit to help settle some of his estate brought me back 3 fans.  I had two fans that the motor was going out, so the fan would only go one speed. I was glad to get these fans free....If you don't know me well...I'm extremely frugal!!    When I got these fans, of course, they were in the ugly bright gold and I wanted it in the Oil Rubbed Bronze like I had redone my door knobs in...yes, I redid all my doorknobs back in the Spring in Oil Rubbed Bronze using Rustoleum's spray paint they sell in that color.  Goodbye ugly gold knobs and hindges!!  It's a bit pricey as far as spray paints go, but it is well worth the money.  The color is great, and it covers well.  The fans, therefore, got a much needed face lift to 2013!  And here is one of the 3 I did.....

Left is before and right is after painting, curing, and putting it up.


Paint I used for the project
So don't throw away your old fan if you want to upgrade...just paint it. :0)


Now onto my next project I did this weekend, the hallway.  I've been wanting to do this for some time.  It 's not complete yet.  I have a friend of mine refinishing a desk/table in a distressed turquoise that I will put against the wall and put two pretty lamps on each side.  But first, I had to get the wall painted.  I decided to do a Family Tree Wall!!  It turned out great.  I free-handed the design with paint, but of course, you wouldn't have to do it that way...you could draw it on the wall with pencil or even use a projector to project the image on the wall and trace.  I have just always be good at free-handing designs that I have in my head or see in a picture, so I go for it.   I already had a black gloss paint from a previous project, so you can just use a black indoor wall paint in your favorite brand.  


                    BEFORE
 
                                                                               After
                                                    (Still needs more pictures and the table)







This is the base of the tree and 
the Family saying...
You can buy the Family decal at some stores....

It says...
Family
like branches on a tree
we are grow in different directions
yet our roots remain as one

Instead, I just painted it with a very thin paint brush.
                

Added some swirls and leaves








Here is the tree swirls above the 
Family saying....
and the leaves being "blown"
off the tree above the door.








Some of the pictures I've taken of my kids and Rodney and I hung in black frames.
More pictures to hang this week.

In these pictures, you can also see the door knobs and hinges I painted last spring with the same Rustoleum paint as the fans.  It's a great paint and I highly recommend it for any project!!


That is what I did with my holiday weekend....hehe!  I love to do things around the house that makes me happy and makes my house feel more like a home.  I LOVE family picture.  I guess that is why I have a photography business. It makes me smile to see my pictures hanging and sitting around the house.

Hope you enjoyed my latest projects.  I have more fans painted that need to be hung.  Pictures will soon follow.  I'm also hard at work working on next month's recipes for the freezer.  It's shaping up to be a great menu for you and your family.

Be sure to share my blog with others and on your Facebook   I would love to hear from you in the comments section.  I believe you have to become a follower on Google to comment...there's a link to become a member and follow me on the right side of my blog.  

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Eph 2:9: not by works, so that no one can boast.

No comments:

Post a Comment