Tabs

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Breakfast Is Served (Blueberry Muffin Recipe)

Yesterday was a great day.....we finished school, I got the house cleaned, and we had a great dinner in the crockpot to complete the day.  Last night I made the Italian Sausage and Peppers and I served it with chips and queso.  Since I've cut out bread in my diet, I had mine on a salad and I have to say...I didn't miss that hot dog bun!  It froze very well!!


I am so thankful it's Saturday.  On the weekends, I try to cook breakfast instead of just cereal or something we have frozen in the freezer.  Today, since I was having a slice of my blueberry coffee cake I posted on the last post, I thought I would make some blueberry muffins since there's not enough cake left.  Here's the recipe:

Blueberry Muffins

2 cups Bisquick or any baking mix
1/3 cup sugar (you can use Splenda for diabetics or dieters)
2/3 cup milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg

Preheat oven to 400.  Mix all the ingredients above.  Then fold in fresh or frozen blueberries (about 3/4 cup...I use the pint containers...so I use the whole thing!)  Grease muffin pan with cooking spray and use a ice cream scoop to scoop about 1/2 to 3/4 full per cup.  I divide it to make a dozen muffins.  But if you like big muffins, this would make about 9.  Bake for 13-18 minutes depending on how big the muffins.

About to go in oven


HOT and out of the oven!!  YUM!



You should have heard the excitement through the house when I said "blueberry muffins"!  "Heck YEAH!"...."I could eat the WHOLE pan!" are what I heard....lol.   Enjoy and pray you have a blessed Martin Luther King holiday weekend with your family and friends.

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment