Tabs

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas Made Easy

Today, I am posting the first of many recipes.  I sometimes use other recipes I've found that my family loves, make up my own, or use a recipe and substitute and/or ingredients to make it better or to fit what I have on hand or what's on sale at the market.  Today, my men went hunting very early this morning and got home early afternoon and were starving.  I decided to make the "enchiladas" made with taquitos for lunch.  I've made this many of times after my mother-in-law shared this as a quick way to make enchiladas without all the work.  I normally make mine from scratch.  I decided to take her recipe she shared with me and add my own things.

Ingredients:
Chicken taquitos, 1 small box (I bought the big box at Sams and just used enough taquitos to fill the pan.)
Alfredo Sauce, 1 jar
Cream of Chicken soup, 1 can
1 package of shredded cheese of your choice - 2 cups if you shred your own (I used today an Italian blend but you can use Mexican blend, cheddar, etc. Whatever you have on hand)

You can add:
1 can of tomatoes, drain
or even a can of Rotel, drained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put taquitos single layer in the pan.  I used a 9X13 pan but you can use a cookie sheet as well especially for large crowds.   I even put them on the sides just don't stack them on top of each other for more even cooking.  Combine all the ingredients except the cheese and pour over top and spread evenly over the top.  Then sprinkle the cheese on top.



 Cook for about 45 minutes....until brown and bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips, Spanish rice, etc.  Enjoy!!



I welcome any comments and would love to hear from you if you make this for your family!



Give us this day our daily bread.  Matthew 6:11

No comments:

Post a Comment